6dragons is actively seeking to address any concerns for the seeing
impaired. If you have any suggestions on how to make your screen readers operate better
with the game, please use the IDEA SUBMIT command to enter our editor, and after you type
out your idea, just type /s. That will save the idea. We actually reward ideas that we
use with glory and or gold in the game.
What is 6dragons?
6dragons is a MUD, which is a text driven Multi User Dimension Game. Mud's work very
well with screenreaders. The Staff of 6dragons are trying to make 6dragons the most
blind friendly mud out there. We need your input to help us do that. Our game
uses a medieval fantasy theme.
If you already have your mud client that you like, the 6dragons
address is 6dragons.tk port 4100.
1. The command Config Screenreader in the game will make output to
your screenreader easier to hear.
2. Our wilderness ascii doesn't show up if you are config screenreader in the game.
3. We have a landmark command that makes finding areas within wilderness as easy as
typing landmark area name. You then will be told which general direction to go, until you
end up at your destination.
4. Combat spam reduced to a few lines. Instead of hearing 8 different attack lines. You
will hear only one. Your pierce has hit the goblin 8 times for 350 total damage!
5. Sound Packs that can be downloaded to hear various sounds within the mud. See help
sound in the game to learn how for your client.
Download all the sound files that you want.
All 4 in one included in sound.zip
You will have config what you want to hear correspondingly.
eg. config battle to hear battle sounds, config communication to hear communication
6. We have created compact screen reader friendly
commands to make things easier. The following are
some commands you will find useful:
SCORE, MONEY, STATUS, HP, MANA, MOVE, SKILLS, SPELLS, WEAPONS, SONGS.
7. We have blind players, and a Blind Staff member that are working to make things
Popular game clients to connect to the game.
TIN TIN PLUS CLIENT
A free client that works with windows and linux.
A more microsoft-like feel for mud clients. Cost is $34.95
A popular customizable mud client. Cost is free
A mud client developed for the blind. Cost is $30.00
A free mud client that can assign sounds to your triggers.
Blind and Visually Impaired Sites
A site devoted to the blind that discusses all accessible games..
NVDA Screen Reader
A free screen reader.
JAWS SCREEN READER
A windows version of the jaws screen reader this product can be costly.
A free windows version of screen reader